A fighter aircraft is a military aircraft designed primarily for air-to-air combat against other aircraft, as opposed to bombers and attack aircraft, whose main mission is to attack ground targets. The hallmarks of a fighter are its speed, maneuverability, and small size relative to other combat aircraft.
Here is the list of the TOP 10 The Best Fighter Aircrafts of the World 2017:
10. The F-16 was lighter, less expensive alternative to the F-15 Eagle. Unlike the F-15, which is purely an air superiority fighter, the F-16 is a multi-role aircraft, capable of attacking air and ground targets. The F-16 is battle proven. This aircraft is small, but highly maneuverable. The F-16 has a bubble single-piece canopy for excellent pilot visibility, which becomes during close combat.
9. The famous Mikoyan MiG series aircraft of Russian origins are no strangers to the modern day warfare. Mig 35 is the ultimate evolution of the MiG 27 Fulcrum series. This aircraft has advanced avionics and weapon systems which make it one of the best modern day aircraft.
8. Sukhoi Su-35 is the Russian answer to the modern day air force needs. It is a heavy duty, long range, multi role, single seat fighter. The aircraft has been designed and developed by taking inspiration from the Su-27, which is an air superiority fighter.specifications
7. Saab JAS 39 Gripen makes it to the list of best fighter jets in the world. The aircraft has been developed by Saab of Sweden and it is claimed that this aircraft has the lowest operating costs among the modern fighter jets currently in service.
6. Eurofighter Typhoon is a result of the largest multinational collaborative military effort of European Countries. It is a fifth generation aircraft having modern sensors and avionics. Equipped with precision guided weapons and abilities like Super cruise, it is one of the best fighter jets in the world. -Combat radius: Low-low-
5. Dassault Rafale is the backbone of French Air Force. The aircraft shows the advanced weapon systems that France is capable of developing. Dassault Rafale is a very versatile aircraft. It can carry out air domination, ground attack, intelligence and nuclear deterrent missions according to the requirements of the battlefield.
4. The Chengdu J-20 is the new China’s stealth fighter. It was designed to compete against other fifth-generation fighters, such as the US F-22 Raptor and Russian PAK-FA. It is speculated, that development of the J-20 was assisted by the Russian MiG aviation company. Low-rate initial production of this stealthy aircraft commenced in 2015. First operational J-20 stealthy fighters were delivered to Chinese air force in 2016.
3. The Sukhoi Su-57 (Russian: Сухой Су-57) is a stealth, single-seat, twin-engine jet multirole fighter aircraft designed for air superiority and attack roles. The aircraft is the product of the PAK FA ,a fifth-generation fighter programme of the Russian Air Force. Sukhoi’s internal designation for the aircraft is T-50. The Su-57 will be the first aircraft in Russian military service to use stealth technology. The fighter is planned to have supercruise, stealth, supermaneuverability, and advanced avionics to overcome the prior generation of fighter aircraft as well as ground and maritime defences.
2. F-35 Lightning is an advanced multirole, stealth fighter that has been designed by keeping in mind the modern day battlefield. It is developed by Lockheed Martin in the US and is currently in service in the air forces of some countries including, the United States, the UK, Australia, Netherlands, Turkey and South Korea.
1. The F-22 Raptor air superiority fighter is almost invisible to radars. This aircraft carries a powerful array of weaponry. It is the most advanced and most expensive production fighter aircraft to date. Many of sensors and avionics of this plane remain classified.
Engines of the raptor allow the aircraft to supercruise over long ranges, while thrust-vectoring nozzles, combined with a triplex fly-by-wire flight control system, make it exceptionally maneuverable.
The F-22 started life as a straightforward air superiority fighter. However since its introduction this aircraft lacks a formidable air threat from other countries fighters. Later it evolved towards the multi-role fighter, as strike capability was added.
References: THE TOP 10