About this beautiful carrier you can read in special post: ADMIRAL KUZNETSOV
About this type of Naval fighter jet, you can read in post Sukhoi Su-27K (Su-33) Flanker-D
Ria Novosti wrote few days ago that Novosibirsk aviation plant (“НОВОСИБИРСКИЙ АВИАЦИОННЫЙ ЗАВОД им. В.П. ЧКАЛОВА”) has filled annual plan for 2014. about supplying Russian Air Force with Su-34 Fullbacks, on time and as was ordered by Ministry of Defense.
Constant modernization of Russian Air Force doing well in last few years and today, and situation is much better than before. Airbases are getting new planes or modernized, all the time, but there are still hard jobs to make Air Force more stronger, even they are now well prepared for any alert actions. They still needs more new planes such as multirole jets Su-35 and Su-34, to be absolutely sophisticated, to make them total air superior air force.
Plant already sent 16 machines to Air Force, and until end of year will send two more – said president of the region.
Novosibirsk aviation plant is one of the largest aircraft manufacturer companies in Russia. Since the early nineties to the present, the company produces multi-purpose fighter Su-34 Fullback.
As a part of the Holding company Sukhoi, in Novosibirsk aviation plant is working on the Sukhoi Superjet 100 (SSJ-100), Russia’s new regional aircraft.
source: Ria Novosti
Air field Kluczewo (Polish: Lotnisko w Kluczewie, Lotnisko Kluczewo, also known as Lotnisko Stargard, in German: Fliegerhorst Stargard-Klützow or Fliegerhorst Klützow, in Russian: Ключево) was a military airfield 420 kilometers west-northwest of Warsaw, Poland.
The airfield was built in 1935 by the Luftwaffe as Fliegerhorst Stargard-Klützow in what was then German territory. It was a complete air base, with hangars, barracks, a weather station and all. Fuel and ammunition storage facilities were slightly off-base, along with a firing range. As was common at the time the airfield had its own connection to the national railway grid to ease resupplying.
In 1936 the airfield was home to the tactical reconnaissance squadrons I./ and II./112. By September 1939 this had changed to the Army Reconnaissance Group 21, flying Henschel HS126. In November 1939 Blind Flying School 2 (German: Blindflugschule2) moved to the airfield, but they returned to their original airfield by the following February. July 1940 brought another Blind Flying School: number 5, flying Ju-52/3m transports. They moved to Belgrade (Yugoslavia) in August 1941, and followed up by the Heavy Transport Flying Blindflugschule 8. Blindflugschule8 left for Brest (Belarus) in February 1943 however.
After the flying schools had all left the airfield became a fighter base. On 6 October the airfield was severely bombed by US Eigth Air Force heavy bombers. Aside from its oval shaped flying field it also had a reinforced runway to its southwest. It was used from November 1944 by II./JG400 flying Me163 ‘Komets’, a rocket powered fighter. The unit did not progress beyond test flights, however. When the eastern front approached, they were quickly withdrawn to the west in December.
JG3 ‘Udet’, flying Focke Wulf FW190 Fighters was brought to the airfield on 25 January 1945 to counter Soviet attacks on the east front. Soviet forces kept pressing for the airfield however, and JG3 left on 6 February for Prenzlau. Shortly after the entire base was abandoned with the exeption of a 12-men demolition team. The first Soviet tanks reached the airfield on 8 February 1945, but they were repelled a few times before they took the airfield.
From 1945 until 1992 the airfield was used by the Soviet air force. They expanded the air base, and built hardened aircraft shelters and a small military town to house their personnel and their families. For quite a while the airfield operated several models of MiG-21, which were replaced by 39 modern Su-27 ‘Flankers’ (33 Su-27 fighters, 6 Su-27UB trainers) in 1988. The best known unit stationed at the airfield was the 159th ‘Red Banner of Novorossiysk’ Guards Fighter Aviation Regiment. The unit had been stationed at the airfield since 12 August 1964. Their final Flankers were withdrawn on 10 July 1992. After the last Russians left on 7 October 1992, the base was abandoned and it has since fallen into ruins.
A Russian Navy officer explains his aircraft to a visiting U.S. Navy officer while the aircraft sits on the flight deck of the Russian Aircraft Carrier Adm. Kuznetsov as it steamed in the Mediterranean Sea on Jan. 7, 1996. The aircraft carrier became the meeting place for the First Deputy Commander of the Russian Navy and the Commander of the U.S. Navy’s Sixth Fleet. Russian Adm. Igor Kasatonov invited Vice Adm. Donald L. Pilling, U.S. Navy, aboard the Russian carrier to discuss potential professional contacts between the two navies during the Adm. Kuznetsov deployment in the Mediterranean. The American delegation was hosted to a tour of the ship, a display of embarked aircraft and a traditional Russian meal. The Russian carrier is in the Mediterranean to show the flag and help commemorate the Russian Navy’s 300th anniversary.
Dutch F-16s intercepted on 08.December 2014 two Russian Air Force Sukhoi Su-34 Fullbacks, multi-role fighter / bomber over Baltic, based on information from few web sites which called on information from RNLAF.
They flew to each other very close, as you can see in attached video which was recorded by Dutch F-16, Su-34s were armed.
There were hundreds of intercepting over Baltic in last years, much more than in previous time. Is it Cold War finished?